Flight Training Packages
FIRST TASTE OF FLIGHT – $89
With Fly There’s Redbird full motion flight simulator, you’ll spend 30 minutes controlling the simulator from takeoff to landing at any airport in the world. A certified flight instructor is there to talk you through every phase of the flight. This package is perfect if you may be interested in learning how to fly, or want the piloting experience without leaving the ground.
Make no mistake, this is an actual lesson. You will receive a logbook endorsement documenting your very first lesson as well as a free 6 month subscription to Flight Training magazine.
FLY THERE’S FIRST FLIGHT – $199
Fly There’s First Flight is not your typical 30 minute “Discovery Flight”. This is an actual 2 hour lesson with 1 full hour flying the airplane. Together, with a certified flight instructor, you’ll complete a full weather briefing and thoroughly pre-flight the airplane (a Cessna 172 or Piper Archer, based upon availability).
Once those tasks are complete you’ll then be ready for takeoff. The instructor performs the take-off and climbs to a safe maneuvering altitude, then you will take full control of the airplane and perform basic flight maneuvers including climbs, descents and turns.
After the instructor lands the airplane, you will spend some time “debriefing” the lesson with your instructor. Once completed, you will receive a logbook endorsement documenting completion of this lesson as well as a free 6 month subscription to Flight Training magazine.
Click here to learn more about your first flight.
HALF DAY FLIGHT TRAINING PROGRAM – $549
This is your opportunity to spend half of a day at the airport. With this package you will spend approximately one hour in the simulator learning and practicing basic flight maneuvers and then replicate the same maneuvers during an hour-long flight lesson in either a Cessna 172 or Piper Archer (based upon availability). This advanced form of flight training replica enables you, the student-pilot, to see first hand how gaining proficiency in the simulator will help you learn more efficiently.
Plan on spending 4 hours at the airport. 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- First 30 minutes: Briefing your day
- Next 60 minutes: Full motion FMX Simulator training session
- Next 45 minutes: Pre-flight weather briefing and flight planning
- Next 30 minutes: Pre-flight inspection of the airplane (just like the pros do it!)
- Next 60 minutes: In-flight training session (in a Cessna 172 or Piper Archer, based upon availability)
- Last 15 minutes: Post flight debrief (and pictures!!)
Once completed, you will receive a logbook endorsement documenting this amazing lesson, and a free 6 month subscription to Flight Training magazine.
FLY THERE’S “FIRST FIVE” – $2,399*
If you’re thinking becoming a pilot, this flight training package not only gets you started flying, but also gives you the books and initial supplies you’ll need to really get your training “off the ground”.
This flight training gift package includes:
- 5 hours of full-motion simulator instruction time
- 5 hours of flight instruction (in a Cessna 172 or Piper Archer depending on availability)
- 5 hours of ground instruction (to include pre and post flight briefings)
In addition, you will receive:
- A VFR kneeboard
- One round of Chicago sectional and terminal charts
- 6 months free subscription to Flight Training magazine and
- A Jeppesen Private Pilot training kit (provided at first meeting)
To assist with your education Fly There will provide:
- PDF copies of aviation training materials necessary to obtain a pilot’s license
- A headset for the initial flight lessons
Fly There’s First Five contains all the training materials/texts that they will need to complete your private pilot training.
*Price will vary depending on which aircraft is used for the 5 hours of flight training.